If you are considering a home at The Oaks, and need to weigh up the advantages of the Living in Gately village (not that you are likely to, judging by the response to date), here a few of our favorite features about the development:
- Specification – The Oaks has a great specification as standard and includes many items other housebuilders may charge extra for. Kitchens include integrated SMEG appliances, including dishwasher, washing machine and either a fridge freezer or separate fridge and freezer, dependent upon plots. Bathrooms feature luxury porcelain tiles, imported from Italy, whilst the ground floor includes engineered Oak Flooring as standard, with carpets to all staircases, landings and bedrooms. Outside gardens are finished with a combination of turf or flagstones and full height fencing is also standard. Did you know that all the main windows of the homes are triple gazed as standard also?
- Schools – Gatley is renowned for its outstanding schools. The nearest primary schools include Gatley Primary School and Cross Acres Primary School, both Ofsted rated as outstanding. Secondary schools in the area include Parrs Wood High School and the renowned Sale Grammar School, another Ofsted outstanding school.
- Eating Out - Gatley is blessed with a variety of wonderful places to eat and drink, from local restaurants Piccolo and the legendary Gatley Tandoori, through to nearby gastronomical delights in Stockport such as The Allotment and Where the Light gets in. Check out or recent article on eating and drinking in and around Gately for more details
- Coffee breaks - Nearby Church Street is a bustling high street, blessed with independent cafés, restaurants and shops. In fact, one of its independent coffee shops, Coffee Fix was recently named one of the best in the whole of Greater Manchester.
- Parks – Gatley Hill and Scholes Park provide outside space for leisurely pursuits, whilst nearby Gatley Carrs’ 19 acres of woodland and meadow provides the perfect antidote to take a leisurely stroll or bicycle ride. Gatley Golf Course provides further leisure opportunities amongst the beautiful Cheshire countryside.
- Shops on your doorstep – Nearby, Church Street is a bustling high street, blessed with independent cafés, restaurants and shops. A wide variety of amenities are also available on your doorstop, with the neighbouring villages of Didsbury and Cheadle both close to hand. Cheadle Royal includes a Large John Lewis and Sainsbury’s, whilst the Trafford Centre can be accessed by the nearby M60.
- Transport - The Oaks is conveniently located close to Gatley train station (being just 0.6 miles away), offering frequent trains to Manchester city centre and Manchester Airport. It is also very accessible to the region’s transport network, with the M60 and M56 both close to hand.
- Security – The Oaks is a secure gated development, giving extra protection for your car, in its garage, driveway or allocated parking space. The pedestrian gate is also linked to an intercom in your home for extra piece of mind.
With so much to offer, view this website to find out more information about the homes on offer at The Oaks.